SCUG History

Photograph of laptop with old books and computer mouse on top representing old and new

The Sauk Computer User Group was formed in the late summer of  1991 by Gregory Adams.  We first met in the basement of the Salvation Army building on West 5th Street, Sterling, IL.  The first dues were paid in September, 1991 by Gregg and Debbie Adams.  By the time we moved from there, our group had grown to about ten or twelve members.

We then started meeting at Essex Computers above the Racket Doctors, on First Ave in Sterling.  From there we met at Essex Computers downtown store location.

We next moved to the First United Methodist Church Annex, Coleman Hall, in Sterling.  Beginning in January 2004 our monthly meetings are held at the Whiteside County Senior Center located at 1207 West 9th Street, Sterling, IL.   We usually meet on the second Saturday of each month (see Meetings Page).

The group has grown.  We now have more than 50 members.



[back to top]